The Product Owner works within the agile process to make decisions regarding priority of features and defects, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the agile development team. The Product Owner possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the product.
Requirements for candidate
Candidate has a strong aviation background within the maintenance and engineering domain, particularly with the maintenance programs, planning, configuration, materials and line maintenance areas. Preferred candidate has experience with maintenance and engineering applications, either built-internally or purchased software, which are used for maintenance planning and aircraft configuration/compliance. Ideally, this candidate has experience as a product owner, using agile methodology, to own and manage the backlog of requirements to drive value and meet customer needs for software products.
- Liaison & Communication
- Represents and engages with subject matter experts/business customers to understand customer needs
- Clearly articulates goals to communicate the project vision and conduct sprint planning
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood
- Provides business subject matter expertise to drive product direction
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint
- Prioritizes user stories by business value
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication to customer regarding release features.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.